Dodge - Coronet
The Dodge Coronet was introduced in 1949 with the division's first postwar body styles. The only engine for Dodge was a 230 cubic inch flat-head straight six cylinder engine with a single barrel Stromberg carburetor, producing 103 horsepower (gross). 

 

After a brief absence (1959-1965), the Coronet name was attached to the former fullsize models in 1965 to become Dodge's mid-sized car. It received a redesign in 1966, and a facelift in 1967. Larger, rebodied models emerged in 1968, with coke-bottle styling. A powerful 375 hp 440 model appeared for the 1967 Coronet R/T, upped to 390 hp with 3 2 barrel carburetors on the "Six Pak" version of 1969-1/2. Two-door hardtop and convertible models were part of the range.

Switzerland
Switzerland
Dodge Coronet -click for a larger picture
Dodge Coronet  1966
Dodge Coronet V8
Location
Winkel
County
Zurich, Switzerland
click here to go to Classic Car Box
Number of persons:5 Luggage: 2 large + 2 small Minimum driver age:25 Gearbox:auto Power steering: Audio:radio
In 1969 the Coronet and similar Plymouth Belvedere were available in 426-S muscle car trim. This included the famous 426 in³ (7.0 L) Hemi V8, producing 425 horsepower (net and gross). For 1971 the new Coronet was a twin of the four-door Plymouth Satellite and featured more flowing styling. It was offered only as a sedan and station wagon, the related and also restyled Dodge Charger covering the coupe market. Slight alterations of the front grille, headlights, and taillights followed in 1972.

 

Sales of the Coronet were fairly low from this point onwards, with around 80-90,000 produced each year through 1973 (compared with 196,242 as recently as 1968), due both to the fuel crisis and to a proliferation of Dodge and Plymouth models, and the growing effect of overlap with the other Chrysler Corporation brands. 

 

1976 was the final year for the name; for the 1977 model year, Coronets were renamed Monaco.

 

Source: Wikipedia. 

Classic Car Hire World

 

Classic Car Hire World is a Trading name of The Open Road (Classic Hire) Ltd,
Avon Lodge, Watery Lane, Sherbourne, Warwick, Warwickshire CV35 8AL
Registered in England and Wales No: 3901995. VAT No: GB 192431609

The layout and contents of this website are Copyright of The Open Road (Classic Hire) Ltd

 

Description of individual companies, company logos, pictures of cars and advertisers' logos are copyright of the respective companies.

 

The site was designed by Tom Owen of photografic and built and run by Quinsolve  using their Content Management System ContentOK