The new V8 engine, common to all versions, was only slightly larger and more powerful than the 355's at 3.6 litres and 300 kW (400bhp) of power, but the lighter frame and added stiffness improved performance; the 0 to 100 km acceleration performance improved from 4.6 to 4.4 seconds (not as trivial as it might seem), and in the Challenge versions it was as low as 4.0 s. An engine replacement resulted in the current V8 road model, the F430 (internally referred to as the evoluzione or evo) which came out in 2004.
Seven versions of the basic 360 were produced, three road models, three race versions & a one-off wedding present to Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo: Ferrari 360 production road cars Ferrari 360 factory race cars Ferrari 360 one-off special
1. Ferrari 360 Modena, a fixed roof two-door luxury sports coupe, available with a 6-speed manual or F1 electrohydraulic shift;
2. Ferrari 360 Spider, a convertible variant of the Modena;
3. Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, an F1 electrohydraulic shift 360 Challenge inspired variant of a 360 Modena.
4. Ferrari 360 Challenge, a 360 F1 electrohydraulic shift stripped out circuit racing variant of the 360 Modena .
5. Ferrari 360 GT, a GT racing variant of the 360 challenge race cars, more extreme than a Challenge.
6. Ferrari 360 GT-C, based on the 360 GT with 360 CS parts to compete in the N-GT class.
7. Ferrari 360 Barchetta, a one-off wedding present from Ferrari to Ferrari's president.
Ferrari 360 production road cars:
Ferrari 360 factory race cars
Ferrari 360 one-off special